Italian stuffed chicken breast. Savory chicken breasts stuffed with spinach-ricotta-pesto-prosciutto, and topped with a light mushroom sauce. These Italian stuffed chicken breasts are a delicious way to enjoy chicken for dinner…. again. Especially when it's a staple that you eat week in and week out.
Serve with rice and roasted vegetables for a complete Stir well; set aside. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuffed chicken breast recipes are always a delicious dinner option and this Gordon Ramsay stuffed chicken breast recipe is the perfect weekend treat! You can cook Italian stuffed chicken breast using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian stuffed chicken breast
- Prepare 1 c of shredded Italian cheese.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of Italian style bread crumbs.
- You need 3 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
- It’s 2 cups of marinara sauce.
- It’s of About 10 stalks kale.
- It’s 1/4 of small onion, chopped.
- You need to taste of Olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt & pepper.
Filled with ricotta cheese, these sage and Parma ham-wrapped stuffed chicken breasts are just too tasty! Tomato sauce, parmesan cheese, chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless, oregano, swiss cheese, butter, bread crumbs. Mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and oregano. Spread stuffing on flattened chicken breast.
Italian stuffed chicken breast step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Remove kale from stems and chop into small pieces. Cook kale & onion in the olive oil until tender, adding salt and pepper to taste. Let cool..
- Mix 3/4 cup of Italian cheese, basil, oregano and kale in a small bowl. Add bread crumbs to a plate. Add egg to another plate and stir in a tiny bit of water..
- Cut one side of chicken breast horizontally to within one half inch of other side. Spread the two sides open like a book. Cover chicken with plastic wrap and pound to flatten. Fill each chicken breast with kale/cheese mixture and close like a book over filling. Coat the outside of each chicken breast with egg. Press both sides of each chicken breast into bread crumbs so outside is completely coated. Arrange chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish..
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear, about 45 mins..
- Remove chicken from oven and pour marinara sauce over cooked chicken. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes..
- All done! Serve with pasta and garlic bread..
Roll breast and wrap. with Parmesan cheese if desired. Try this Italian Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe, or contribute your own. Baked Chicken Breasts are stuffed with savory Italian sausage and gooey Mozzarella cheese. It's an easy weeknight meal that's classy enough for company. The chicken breasts are first lightly pounded (this is essential to quick and evenly cooking chicken) and then butterfly cut.