Instant Pot: Cajun Chicken.
You can cook Instant Pot: Cajun Chicken using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot: Cajun Chicken
- You need 3-4 of medium sized chicken breasts.
- You need 2 of red bell peppers.
- Prepare 2 of green bell peppers.
- It’s 2 cups of brown rice.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of water.
- It’s 2 of chicken boullion cubes.
- You need 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of melted butter.
- You need of Minced garlic.
- Prepare of Dry cajun seasoning.
- It’s of Taco seasoning.
- You need of Roasted garlic & bell pepper seasoning.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
Instant Pot: Cajun Chicken step by step
- Set instant pot to sauté. While waiting for it to get hot, cut chicken breasts (in thirds) and bell peppers..
- Toss chicken in butter, coat with desired amounts of dry seasonings (The more cajun the better)..
- Put bullion cubes in 2 1/4 cups water and microwave for 2 minutes. Crush cubes with fork and stir. (Alternative option: use 2 1/4 cups chicken broth – I just prefer to make my own!).
- Sauté minced garlic in oil in instant pot for 2 mins..
- Turn sauté mode off. Add brown rice and chicken broth to pot. Stir in tomato paste and 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning..
- Lay peppers then chicken breasts over rice. Sprinkle additional cajun and taco seasonings on top..
- Using manual setting on instant pot, set pressure to High. Adjust time to 25 minutes..
- Once time is up, let sit for 10 mins. then move top switch to venting and let pressure out quickly..
- Shred chicken with fork, stir, and enjoy!.